Saturday, September 27, 2008

Like Mom or Like Dad?

So, we had Josie propped up in the bed the other day while we were getting ready and when I looked over at her she had moved her hand and it was resting on the remote control for the tv. My first thought was, "This is not a good sign for such a young baby. Read in bed don't watch tv!" I went to get the camera and called Jay in to look at what we are teaching her but before I could get a picture of it she had moved her hand. I did recreate the picture because it was so funny.
A few days later I thought I needed to really make my push for books so we sat down to read Pat the Bunny. I put the book in front of her when we were done to see what she would do. After about a minute she pulled it up to her and I snapped the picture. I know she is too young to really get the idea of the remote but soon she will get it and we do watch way too much tv so we have to be careful. I do read to her but not everynight so now the new routine each night is going to be one book and talk to her about it. Call me crazy but it is time for us to modify our habits a bit - not so much tv.

2 comments:

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

I try to read to Avari too...but usually, it's just her turning the pages too fast for me to read the words. OH WELL!

odtup said...

Glad to see another member of the family beginning on Pat the Bunny. She looks to be having fun, so pretend she knows what it's all about.